Established in 1988 by Michael Hewitt and Dermot Lavery, award winning, Belfast-based DoubleBand Films is one of the most vital and influential production companies in Northern Ireland.
With our strong links to the BBC and Channel 4, Irish broadcasters RTÉ and TG4, and a wide range of international broadcasters, DoubleBand maintains a rock solid reputation for excellence. Great storytelling and the highest of production values are the hallmarks of our documentaries.
Films to have been screened recently in the US include our Liam Neeson narrated and award-winning feature documentary ROAD (on Netflix) , and the ever-popular MAKING THE MONKEES (on the Smithsonian Channel).
Sustained by a long track record in all forms of factual programmes, our productions have encompassed a wide range of themes, including social history, human interest, science & medicine, sport, music, nostalgia, investigation and observational documentary.
As we look to the future and move into new genres, including drama, we plan to build on our reputation amongst broadcasters as producers of carefully crafted programmes which cover subjects we are genuinely passionate about.
Over the years, DoubleBand has been the proud recipient of:
- Two Celtic Media Festival Awards
- Two RTS Awards for Best Nations and Regions Programme
- Shortlisted for a Grierson Award
- Awarded the title ‘Most Creative Company in the Nations and Regions” by Broadcast Magazine
- Channel 4 Creative Cities Award
- BBC Regional Development Fund
- Two Palermo International Sportfilm Festival awards
- Belfast City Council Arts Award
- Jury’s Acting Award at the Palm Springs International Short Film Festival